Self-Study Report 2009-2010
The culmination of North Central College's process to gain continuing accreditation was a visit by a team from the Higher Learning Commission January 25-27, 2010. The central piece to their evaluation of the College was our Self-Study Report which is available for reading at the links below.
To provide guidance as you review the Report, please familiarize yourself with the Higher Learning Commission's accreditation criteria and core components.
- Self-Study Guide (one page explanation about how margins, appendices and narrative are linked)
- Introduction (including Table of Contents)
- Criterion 1—Mission and Integrity
- Criterion 2—Preparing for the Future
- Criterion 3—Student Learning and Effective Teaching
- Criterion 4—Acquisition, Discovery, and Application of Knowledge
- Criterion 5—Engagement and Service
- Conclusion (includes the College's formal request for reaccreditation)
- Appendices (includes compliance)
An executive summary is also available that includes the Introduction; the Strengths, Challenges and Opportunities section from each criterion chapter; and our formal request for continuing accreditation.
The Higher Learning Commission's evaluation of North Central College is contained in their Visit Team Report.