NCC Internship Program
Career Development has developed our Internship Program for students to apply their academic knowledge and enhance their professional preparation in part-time, career-related positions. These opportunities benefit all parties involved.
Internship Employer Benefits
- Developing a pool of potential employees, without obligation
- Receiving workforce assistance at minimal costs
- Assisting in the educational process
- Bridging the gap between academics and professional settings
- Exposing students to a professional field
Internship Employer Services
- Free listing service in our office and online
- Resume referral upon request
- Invitation to the Internship Job Fair (on- campus)
- On-campus recruiting
Employer Responsibilities and Obligations
Employers must submit a written job description to Career Development outlining the specific responsibilities that an intern will have. In addition, Career Development asks that employers sign student time logs and complete an evaluation at the end of the internship experience.
Student Responsibilities and Obligations
Internship students must complete 150 hours of work in a time frame determined by the student and the employer. Interns are expected to maintain a professional attitude and arrive promptly for work. In addition, students are expected to follow standard company policies and guidelines of their employer.
The Internship Process
Employers may register with Career Developments' Internship Program at any time. If you are interested in posting a position with Career Development or need additional information, please contact:
Marlene Starzyk at (630) 637-5141