Lawrence Gregory, now a Life Trustee of North Central College, has been involved with every major capital improvement on campus in the last three decades. In 1975, he led a team of volunteers that installed lights on Kroehler Field. In 1976, he assumed a leadership role in the renovation of North Central’s outdoor athletic facilities, a project named the “$18,000 Miracle in Naperville” by the Chicago Tribune. In 1977, Gregory became a trustee and North Central honored him and his wife Char, in 1987 with the dedication of Gregory Arena in Merner Field House in gratitude for their generosity to the College. A successful entrepreneur, Gregory founded Gregory Electric, Inc., in 1954, and built it into a leading electrical contractor in the city. Over the years, Gregory was honored for his contributions to the City of Naperville by the Naperville Riverwalk and Safety Town, and in 1993, the College awarded him the Gael D. Swing Award for Meritorious Service.