North Central College - Naperville, IL

International Tuition and Visa Information

Estimated Undergraduate Cost of Attendance 2016-2017

Estimated Costs 2016-2017

Cost Per Term Cost Per Academic Year
Tuition & Fees $12,218 $36,654
On-campus Housing $2,523 $7,569
Meals $1,061 $3,183
Books & Supplies $400 $1,200
Personal Expenses $394 $1,182
Medical Insurance $323 $969
Total $16,919 $50,757


Financial Documentation for F-1 Student Visa Eligibility

The F-1 student visa is designed for international students who plan to enroll in a degree program at a U.S. university as a full-time student. To apply for this visa, you will need a Form I-20, which is issued by the university at which you plan to enroll. This form confirms that you have been admitted to a full-time degree program and includes the estimated costs of that program of study. The estimated cost of attendance for the 2016-2017 academic year at North Central is $50,757.

Before North Central can issue your Form I-20, you must be admitted to a degree program at North Central and demonstrate that you have sufficient funding available for your course of study. The amount of funding you will need to demonstrate will vary depending on the amount of scholarship aid you receive. For example, an international undergraduate student who has been awarded $13,000 in scholarshp aid will need to provide documentation of $37,757; a student who has been awarded $21,000 in scholarship aid will only need to provide documentation of $29,757.

The two forms you will need to submit include:

The Declaration of Finances form must be completed and signed by your financial sponsor (e.g., parent, relative, family friend).  It must be submitted to the Office of Admission at North Central together with a bank letter showing that the funds are available. The bank letter must include an original ink signature and be on bank letterhead with the bank's contact information. It must be dated within the past six months and include the name of the account holder and the amount in the account. It must also specify the type of account (e.g., savings, checking, time deposit, etc.) and the currency. Please be sure the amount in the account is at least equal to the amount pledged to the student by the sponsor. Please also ensure that the bank account owner is the sponsor who completes the Declaration of Finances form. North Central will accept original documents or color scans of the original documents for the purpose of I-20 issuance.

Campus Employment

If you are in F-1 status, you can work on campus up to 20 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours per week during official breaks, which can help with personal expenses. If you are in any other nonimmigrant status, you are not permitted to work on or off campus. Examples of on-campus employment would include working in the library or admission office, as a tutor, etc. More information on other work options for students is available from the Office of International Programs.