International Graduate Admission
North Central offers the following graduate programs:
- Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- International Business Administration (M.I.B.A.)
- Leadership Studies
- Liberal Studies
- Web and Internet Applications
For detailed information about each of these programs, please visit our Graduate Admissions page.
North Central makes admission decisions on a rolling basis; we have no official deadlines.
- If you are currently in the U.S., we recommend that you complete your application at least two months before you plan to enroll.
- If you are currently outside the U.S., we recommend that you complete your application at least four months before you plan to enroll.
Our academic calendar has three 10-week terms, so you can start classes in September, January or March. Most new students begin in September.
Graduate Application Requirements:
1. Application. Select one of the following:
- Complete an online application. Useful Tip: If your undergraduate institution was located outside the U.S. please use "0002" as your CEEB code for international colleges and universities. If you do not, the application may not submit properly.
- Download a printable version of the graduate application for admission
2. Two essays. One essay should provide a reflection of your goals, and the other should tell us about your experience in team work, leadership, or problem solving. Your answers to the two essays combined should not exceed 1600 words.
Essay 1: Why this degree, at this time in your life, and at North Central? Explain your goals in seeking this degree, reveal your understanding of the demands of graduate study, and articulate your plan to be successful in this endeavor.
Essay 2: Answer one of the three questions below. In your response explain what led to the situation, demonstrate what you did and how you did it, detail the outcome, and include how others responded.
A. Assess an experience from within the last three years when you built or developed a team whose performance exceeded expectations.
B. Describe an experience from within the last three years when you identified a problem in an organization and attempted to solve the problem.
C. Tell about an experience from within the last three years when you went beyond what was expected of you.
3. Official Transcripts. Forward to our office transcripts from all the colleges and universities you have attended. Beginning Fall 2014, applicants will be required to have obtained at least the equivalent of a 3.0 undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 will be considered; but they must address this issue and their plans for growth and future success in their personal statement. Note: If all of your education so far has been completed outside of the U.S., forward only copies of your transcripts, as you will be required to submit an official course-by-course evaluation as well (below).
4. External Credential Evaluation. Submit an official course-by-course evaluation of foreign transcripts by WES (World Education Services) or ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators). This must be sent directly to North Central College by WES or ECE to be considered official.
5. Demonstrate English proficiency. North Central requires an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 90 (Internet-based test) or 577 (paper-based test). Our TOEFL institution code is 1555. North Central also accepts official IELTS (International English Language Testing System) band scores of 7.0 or higher. Please note: Beginning with Fall (September) 2015, North Central will require an official TOEFL score of 80 IBT (550 PBT) or an official IELTS band score of 6.5 or higher.
6. Professional Resume. Submit a copy of your current resume.
7. Submit a photocopy of your passport identification page (and visa pages and I-20 Form if applicable).
8. A Declaration of Finances & Affidavit of Support with a bank letter certifying the amount of funding available for the first year of studies. The 2015-2016 form will be available in January 2015.
Program Specific Requirements:
Each graduate program may have additional requirements for admission. Check out the 'How To Apply' section of the program for which you intend to apply. Click here for a list of programs.
Want more information?
Check out our Graduate Programs Fact Sheet.