Group Visit Policy
Thank you for your interest in visiting North Central College. The Admission Office is pleased to offer campus visits for groups up to 35 guests who are high school or college-aged from schools, community groups and organizations. Please note: Appointments are made on a first-come, first-serve basis due to the large number of requests.
In order for your group to experience a quality campus visit, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Reservations for group visits are required and must be made at least three (3) weeks in advance of your intended visit. To schedule a visit, please contact the Office of Admission at 630-637-5800.
- Group size is limited to 35 students. Students must be high school freshman or older. One (1) adult chaperone for every 10 students is required. Groups larger than 30 students must provide four chaperones.
- We can only accommodate group visits during the months of December, May, June, July and August. Visits during the academic school year are typically not available due to the high volume of individual appointments and other visit programs.
- Group visits include a student-led walking tour of campus and/or admission presentation. Please have students plan and dress accordingly for a walking tour, particularly if inclement weather is predicted. Please let us know if your group is interested in a specific area of our college.
- We are unable to show residence hall rooms on group visit tours. Students interested in seeing a show room can schedule an individual appointment through the Office of Admission.
- We are unable to provide lunch or snacks for visiting groups; however, campus is located two blocks from Downtown Naperville with numerous dining options.
- A final count of visiting students, as well as confirmation of schedule, is required one week prior to your visit. We may not be able to accommodate future visit requests for groups that cancel with less than three days advance notice.
- Visiting groups are expected to exhibit appropriate conduct on campus. Please have students turn off cell phones and respect tour guides, faculty and college property.
- Encourage students to ask appropriate questions. Please see the attached list for ideas, and share these suggestions with students prior to visiting campus.
- Groups are responsible for arriving on time for the scheduled visit, as well as for providing transportation to and from campus. Bus parking is available.
- If a group arrives more than 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment start time, we cannot guarantee that tour guides will be available, and it may be necessary for us to modify or potentially cancel the visit.
- We do not work with third-party vendors to arrange campus visits.