English Language Institute
The English Language Institute (ELI) is a full-time intensive English program designed to prepare international students for admission to a U.S. college or university by developing academic, professional and social English language skills. The institute is located on the campus of North Central College, a four-year comprehensive liberal arts university in Naperville, Illinois. This city of 150,000 people is just 28 miles (45 km) from downtown Chicago, Illinois - one of the nation’s most vibrant, culturally active cities - and just 30 minutes from Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD). Take a virtual tour now!
As a student of the English Language Institute, you will experience:
- 20 hours per week of classroom instruction
- Small classes and personal interaction with faculty
- Full access to North Central computer, recreational, cultural, and health facilities
- Free campus Internet access
- Participation in the International Club, one of the most active clubs on campus
- Friendship family program
- Special culture courses and area excursions
- Convenient housing in campus residence halls with U.S. undergraduate students
- Daily opportunities to interact with U.S. undergraduate students
- Walking distance to downtown Naperville and to the commuter train to Chicago
Once students have successfully completed the advanced level, they may be considered for admission as full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students at North Central College.