Course Substitution Guides
If you're planning to transfer to North Central College and attend an Illinois community college, our course substitution guides will assist you in selecting courses at your local community college. Working with your current academic advisor, use your guide to determine which courses meet North Central’s requirements in the core curriculum, academic major and minor requirements, and electives. Review our transfer credit policy as well as options for credit by examination.
You can find out how your courses will transfer by:
- Referring to our community college course substitution guides below. Print a copy to review and use at home or with your community college counselor/advisor.
- Scheduling a campus visit to meet with your transfer admission counselor for an unofficial transcript evaluation. Call 630-637-5800.
- Reviewing our transfer credit policy and visiting “I transfer” to learn more about the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI).
Are there specific courses I should take at my community college before transferring to North Central College? There is definitely an advantage to having a plan! We have several resources in place to help you choose the right courses for a seamless transfer to North Central. Our course substitution guides for many Illinois community colleges list every course at those schools and the North Central College equivalent. These guides are updated each academic year. And as always, your transfer admission counselor is your best resource for a smooth transition from your school to ours!
Other Community College Planning Guides
If you don't see your school listed or have additional questions, just call your transfer admission counselor at 630-637-5800 to learn more.
- We highly recommend scheduling a personal campus visit for an unofficial transcript evaluation with your transfer counselor to help you plan ahead.
- Check your calendar for our next Transfer Visit Program.