Apply to the MBA
Want to learn more? Attend an online information session.
June 16, 2015 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. (CST)
North Central considers MBA candidates for admission who possess academic, professional and personal qualities. Applicants are considered without GMAT or GRE scores. To select students the college operates on a rolling admission basis in which completed applications are reviewed throughout the admission cycle.
Students are advised to complete their application as early as possible to ensure timely consideration. Applications for admission should be received in the Office of Graduate Admission by the following preferred decision deadlines:
Summer Term May 1, 2015
Fall Term August 5, 2015
Winter Term November 20, 2015
Admission and Application Procedure
Persons seeking admission to the MBA program must possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university prior to the expected term of matriculation. Applicants are responsible for submitting application materials required for admission, and you can upload application materials here. These items include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Complete the online application.
2. Official transcripts from every undergraduate, graduate or professional school attended. Beginning Fall 2014, applicants will be required to obtain a minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with a GPA < 3.0 will be considered but must address this issue and their plans for growth and future success in their personal statement.
3. A copy of your professional resume.
4. Two essays: one is a reflection of your goals and the other tells us about your experience in team work, leadership, or problem solving. Your answers to the two essays combined should not exceed 1600 words.
Essay 1: Why this degree, at this time in your life, and at North Central? Explain your goals in seeking this degree, reveal your understanding of the demands of graduate study, and articulate your plan to be successful in this endeavor.
Essay 2: Answer one of the three questions below. In your response explain what led to the situation, demonstrate what you did and how you did it, detail the outcome, and include how others responded.
1. Assess an experience from within the last three years when you built or developed a team whose performance exceeded expectations.
2. Describe an experience from within the last three years when you identified a problem in an organization and attempted to solve the problem.
3. Tell about an experience from within the last three years when you went beyond what was expected of you.
Applicants who are not United States citizens and/or who graduated from a college or university in a country other than the United States must also submit the following to be considered for admission.
1. Submit an official course-by-course evaluation of foreign transcripts by WES (World Education Services) or ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators). This must be sent directly to North Central College by WES or ECE to be considered official.
2. Submit official results of the TOEFL or IELTS. Applicants for Fall 2015 and later must have a minimum TOEFL score of at least 80 IBT / 550 PBT or IELTS band score of 6.5 or higher.
Conditional admission may be offered to students who score below the minimum required TOEFL / IELTS scores if all other requirements for admission are met. If conditionally admitted, students will be required to enroll in the English Language Institute until acceptable language proficiency is demonstrated.
International students are advised to apply at least 60 days before the term begins. Students who are currently not in the United States may need to allow additional time. Applications for admission and all supporting documents should be received in the Office of Graduate Admission by the following preferred decision deadlines:
Summer Term April 16, 2015
Fall Term July 16, 2015
Winter Term November 5, 2015
Send all application materials to:
Office of Graduate Admission
North Central College
30 N. Brainard Street
Naperville, Illinois 60540