Apply to Liberal Studies
North Central College operates on a rolling admission basis in which completed applications are reviewed throughout the admission cycle. Students are advised to complete their application as early as possible to ensure timely consideration. Students can enroll four times a year: January, March, June, and September. Applications for admission and all supporting documents should be received in the Office of Graduate Admission by the following preferred decision deadlines:
Spring Term Friday, February 8, 2013
Summer Term Friday, April 26, 2013
Fall Term Friday, August 2, 2013
Admission and Application Procedure
Persons seeking admission to the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies program must possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university prior to the expected term of matriculation. Applicants are responsible for submitting application materials required for admission, and you can upload application materials here. These items include, but are not limited to the following;
1. Complete the online application.
2. Official transcripts from every undergraduate, graduate or professional school attended. Each transcript must be signed and sealed by the Registrar of each institution.
3. A personal statement describing how you have prepared for graduate school. Please discuss your academic background explaining any gaps or discrepancies and how your professional experiences or college involvement has contributed to your growth.
4. A copy of your professional resume.
5. An original writing sample. Samples should reflect the ability to research and to write critically. Generally, writing samples between five and 15 pages give the best comprehensive view of an applicant’s writing ability. Please be sure to include a reference page.
Applicants who are not United States citizens and/or who graduated from a college or university in a country other than the United States must also submit the following to be considered for admission.
1. An official course-by-course evaluation of all foreign transcripts.
2. Official documentation of English proficiency.
Send all application materials to:
Office of Graduate Admission
North Central College
30 N. Brainard Street
Naperville, Illinois 60540