Testing Center at Academic Support
The Testing Center, located at Academic Support, is available for students with testing accommodations. The Center can provide a reducted distraction environment and extended time.
If a student has accommodations:
If you are a student with testing accommodations, please let your professor know at the beginning of the term you will be taking your tests at Academic Support. The assistant director will be happy to discuss with you appropriate ways to address this issue with professors. Encourage your professors to contact the Academic Support Center if they have questions, concerns or need clarification of exam accommodation procedures.
It is the student's responsibility to initiate this service and to comply with the following procedures:
- The student will need to pick up the Test Scheduling Form from Academic Support.
- A form needs to be filled out completely for each test. The form has a student section and a professor section. Please make sure the professor signs the form.
- The form needs to be returned to Academic Support no later than two working days before the exam date. If the form is not returned on time, the student may not receive testing accommodations.
- The student also will need to remind the professor to deliver the exam to Academic Support. Please remind them no later than two working days before the exam date. The professor can send the test via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who receive extended time on tests will receive time-and-one-half (unless documentation states otherwise). There will be no exams given with unlimited time.
• If an exam is 70 minutes (1 hour, ten minutes), accommodated students will receive 105 minutes (1 hour, 45 minutes)
• If an exam is 110 minutes (1 hour 50 minutes), accommodated students will receive 165 minutes (2 hours, 40 minutes)
• If an exam is 120 minutes (2 hours), accommodated students will receive 180 minutes (3 hours)