Video Scholarship Competition
2013 Study Abroad Video Scholarship Competition
The Office of International Programs is pleased to announce a scholarship available ONLY to NCC study abroad during the 2011-2012 academic year.
What does the application require?
This scholarship serves two main purposes: it gives you a chance to create a unique kind of reflection on your study abroad experience, while it provides other students with helpful information about your program. We are asking that your application take the form of a five-minute video that could be used to promote study abroad at North Central College. You can decide what photos, text, and music you’d like to use; all we ask is that you select those that best represent the academic, cultural, and personal aspects of your experience that were most memorable and meaningful. No inappropriate subject matter (e.g., sex, alcohol, violence) should be included.
When is the deadline?
Videos must be received by 5 PM on Friday, March 8, 2013.
Winners will be announced Monday, April 1st, 2013.
What are the scholarships?
Three scholarships will be awarded: $500, $300, and $200 each.
What are the rules?
- Videos should focus on the most significant academic, cultural, and personal factors in your experience; you can decide how to select and connect your examples.
- All videos should be submitted to Jesús Velasco, International Student Advisor, at email@example.com. Video files may be too large, please use https://www.wetransfer.com/ to securely email your video.
- Videos must be less than 1024 MB and no longer than five minutes, as they will be posted on our office’s Facebook page.
- Videos will be judged according to these criteria: level of interest generated in the viewer; effectiveness of organization; quality of text, photos, and music; clarity of content.
- This form must be signed, dated, and submitted—indicating that your video becomes the property of the Office of International Programs upon submission and that we may use the video for promotional purposes.
Please note: All submissions become the property of NCC’s Office of International Programs for use in any future publications and publicity. Click here for a printable PDF version of contest rules.