Send us your photos! We invite all 2016-2017 semester and year long study abroad participants to submit no more than two of their best digital photos to the Office of International Programs. Entries will be divided into two categories, People and Places, giving more students the opportunity to win! First, second, and third place winners in both categories will be awarded Downtown Naperville Gift Certificates in the amount of $40, $20 and $15 respectively. Winning photos will be displayed in the Boilerhouse on the North Central campus!
Photo Submission Deadline
Monday, January 23, 2017 by 5pm
Submitting Your Photo(s)
Please, email your best photographs to Whitney Ewing, Study Abroad Advisor at email@example.com. We know you all took some amazing journeys abroad and look forward to seeing the "inner photographer" in each of you!
Eligibility & Entry Requirements
• Submit up to 2 digital photos (one for each category People and Places) to Whitney Ewing, Study Abroad Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In photo submission email, please include your name, category for each submission, photo title(s), and where and when each photo was taken.
• Photographs must have been taken by you, the entrant.
• Open to all North Central College students who studied abroad sometime during the 2013-2014 academic year.
• Entries will be judged by a committee of representatives from the NCC administration.
• The committee seeks photos that are representative of students' international experience.
• Entries will be divided into two categories increasing your odds of winning:
• People: photos will be judged on quality and content, with special consideration given to images that depict student interaction with the host culture, students in the academic environment, local culture, and history.
• Places: photos will be judged based on the best use of architectural, landscape, cityscape, or surrounding environmental elements of the place studied in or visited during the experience, with special consideration given to images depicting students.
Awards and Recognition
1st Place: $40 in Downtown Naperville Gift Certificates
2nd Place: $20 in Downtown Naperville Gift Certificates
3rd Place: $15 in Downtown Naperville Gift Certificates
Prints of the winning photos will be made and displayed on campus in March with digital versions also being shown on Facebook and Twitter profiles for the Office of International Programs. Winners will be announced in early March on the Office of International Program’s website and through email.
Please note: All submissions become the property of NCC’s Office of International Programs for use in any future publications and publicity.