ANACSA Consortium Programs
NCC students are eligible to apply for admission to programs offered by other schools in the ANACSA (Associated New American Colleges Study Abroad) consortium in the following locations: Australia, Austria, England, Greece, and Senegal. For most programs, students pay tuition, room and board to North Central College ONLY. Students earn a minimum of 18 credits. Details available in the Office of International Programs.
EAST - Educators Abroad Student Teaching
This program is open to all students in North Central College's teacher education program, offering students a chance to complete their teaching requirements in another country. Pleacements can be arranged in 48 countries on all continents.
Study abroad programs offered by other U.S. institutions
SIROL status allows students to participate in programs all over the world that are sponsored by other U.S. accredited institutions and remain officially enrolled at North Central College. Plans must be approved by the NCC Study Abroad Advisor before registering and receiving credit. To investigate possible programs, students pursue research on the Internet and use the materials available in the Office of International Programs. Though some federal financial aid may be used for these opportunities, NCC institutional aid/scholarships and state grants may not be.
Following is basic information for SIROL programs:
- Students must make arrangements for SIROL study through U.S. Schools. No direct agreement with foreign schools can be considered.
- SIROL students may be eligible for Federal Pell Grants, Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Supplemental Grants, Federal Stafford Student Loans, or Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students.
- SIROL students are ineligible for North Central Grants and/or Scholarships while in attendance at a different institution. Students who receive the Presidential Scholarship, Honor Scholarship, Academic Scholarship, or Merit Scholarships will receive a portion of their unused scholarship in succeeding terms.
- SIROL students who do not receive financial assistance must make arrangements to pay applicable charges directly to their institution.
- If students receive financial assistance through North Central College (including Federal Stafford Student Loans), North Central College will pay those funds directly to the sponsoring institution. Any outstanding balance not covered by financial aid is to be paid by the student directly to the other institution.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the end of February.
- Complete the attached form regarding information on your study abroad costs and when you leave and return to North Central College. SIROL Financial Aid Form