Executive Board Positions
DUTIES OF ALL OFFICERS
- Promote the mission of International Club at all times on and off-campus.
- Be present at all meetings and events, beginning to end.
- Be responsible, reliable, and have excellent time-management skills.
DUTIES OF THE PRESIDENTS
- Cannot have any other e-board position on any organization.
- Must attend all meetings unless an emergency occurs, in which case they must personally make sure the other co-President can step in.
- Must be available for all members and their suggestions.
- Call special meetings if deemed necessary.
- Shall represent International Club around campus, at MCAB meetings, and at SGA budget hearings.
- Enforce the Constitution to the fullest (i.e. preside over elections).
- Hold weekly officer meetings in conjunction with the advisor meetings.
- Prepare an agenda for all club meetings.
- Monitor the overall performance of the Club’s executive officers.
DUTIES OF THE SECRETARY
- Shall act as correspondence officer with other organizations.
- Attend all officer and club meetings.
- Keep a tentative record of member attendance at meetings and functions.
- Shall be responsible for the typing of all documents, all minutes of, and the distribution of minutes after each meeting.
- If absent from meeting, must personally find someone else to take minutes.
DUTIES OF THE TREASURER
- Shall be responsible for handling the money and receipts for International Club.
- Shall be able to speak about the budget as needed at any meeting.
- Shall follow up with advisor and presidents after each event to reconcile budget.
- Shall be directly involved with planning each term’s budget, including researching prices and filling out the proposal.
- Attend all meetings.
- Shall represent International Club to the Finance Committee when requesting funds.
- Keep an organized International Club treasurer binder to pass on to the next treasurer.
- If absent from meeting, must personally find someone else to represent the treasurer.
DUTIES OF THE PUBLICITY OFFICER
- Responsible for the design and distribution of advertisement for all events for International Club (via email, Facebook, Twitter, posters, flyers, newspaper, TV etc.)
- Attend all meetings. MEET DEADLINES.
- If absent from meeting, must personally find someone else to represent the Publicity Officer.
- Stay in contact with other student orgs on co-sponsored events.
- Publicity goes out at least 1 week prior to events.
- Email all general members about upcoming events, opportunities within International Club, and share important information.
- Establish relationships with North Central organizations.
DUTIES OF THE EVENT PLANNER
- Responsible for all maintenance requests and any organizing additional set up needed for meetings or events. Confirming this before events.
- Responsible for making sure all snacks, supplies, etc are organized and arrive to meeting
- Lead planning when it comes event themes, décor, food
- Identify opportunities for growth including: community service, fund-raisers etc.
DUTIES OF THE HISTORIAN
- Organize and maintain a scrap-book, or e-book, of all the International Club events, past and present.
- Act as photographer at club events and meetings.
- Recruit photos from other members to use.
- Attend all meetings.
- Keep an account of what was done at each event.
DUTIES OF THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADVISOR
- If unable to attend meeting(s), the advisor must schedule an appointment(s) with the President or Secretary to follow up on missed agenda.
- Attend all functions which have received funding. If the advisor is not available to attend, s/he must find a faculty or staff member representative.
- Accompany the Intl. Club in off-campus excursions and ensure participants safety.
- Schedule exec board meetings and identify key strategic goals to be executed by the exec board members.
- Ensure the overall success of the International Club at NCC.
Elections for new executive board members will be held each Spring term for representatives serving the club in the following academic year. Questions about executive positions can be directed to Jesús Velasco, International Student Advisor.