D-Term Study Abroad
The College in now offering study abroad courses during December Term each year. Some of these courses fulfill the All-College Requirement for intercultural study (ACR).
The information sessions for short study abroad courses during D-term 2015 will be on February 19, 2015 in Goldsphon classrooms; 12:00-2:00 p.m. Course details, application process, cost and deadlines will be discussed at these sessions. Students can attend more than one session. A complete description of the courses will be available at the sessions and later from each professor leading the course and/or the Office of International Programs.
Please click the course list to the right for a printable PDF copy of D-Term courses for 2015.
D-Term Study Abroad Scholarship
The Jacquelyn Lewis Wentz International Fund will award 12 NCC students $1000 each. This scholarship is open to all NCC students enrolled in a D-term study abroad course as sophmores, juniors or seniors. The scholarship will be awarded based on financial need and a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA. The application deadline is February 27, 2015. Applicants will be notified of decsion via e-mail in late March.
- Meet with faculty member leading the course
- Get an Instructor Consent Form (green slip) filled out and signed by faculty member
- Consult with academic advisor
- Bring the form to the Office of International Programs in the Abe House: 48 E. Jefferson
- Pay the non-refundable airfare deposit ($400) by April 6, 2015 via check or credit card. Bring payment to the Office of International Programs. Once airfare is paid, you will be registered.
- After April 6th, if the course is full, students will be placed on a waiting list. Students with the highest # of credits earned will be given first priority.
- Pay airfare balance by September 11, 2015
- Pay the non-refundable program fee deposit ($500) by October 15, 2015 which will not be reflected on the student's account until January
- Program fee will be billed to winter tuition bill
Click here for a printable version of the information session flyer.
France Interim Course 2006
During Interim Term 2006, Prof. Norval Bard, French, and Prof. Sally Fowler, Philosophy, led a group of 20 from North Central College on a French adventure. The group met twice during Fall Term 2006 to get a head start on the course readings and materials as well as to receive background on international travel topics such as packing, electrical adaptors, GSM cell phones, basic French phrases and other helpful information. This blog is the report of our two week Interim 2006 adventure: