D-Term Study Abroad
The College is now offering study abroad courses during December Term each year. Some of these courses fulfill the All-College Requirement for intercultural study (ACR).
The information sessions for short study abroad courses during D-Term 2017 will be on March 2nd, 2017 in Goldsphon classrooms; 12:00-1:50 p.m. Course details, application process, cost and deadlines will be discussed at these sessions. Students can attend more than one session. A complete description of the courses will be available at the sessions and later from each professor leading the course and/or the Office of International Programs.
Please click the course list to the right for a printable PDF copy of this year's (2016) D-Term courses.
D-Term Study Abroad Scholarship
The Jacquelyn Lewis Wentz International Fund will award 12 NCC students $1000 each. This scholarship is open to all NCC students enrolled in a D-term study abroad course as sophmores, juniors or seniors. The scholarship will be awarded based on financial need and a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA. The application deadline is February 24, 2017. Applicants will be notified of decision via e-mail in late March. Click on the D-term image for printable version.
After you attend the D-Term Information Session on March 2nd and you decide which D-Term course you would like to enroll in, please follow the procedure below.
D-Term Study Abroad Enrollment & Registration Procedure
1. Meet with faculty member leading the course.
2. Consult with your academic advisor.
3. Fill out Instructor Consent Form (green slip) and get it signed by faculty member.
4. Bring signed green slip to the Office of International Programs in the Abe House: 48 E. Jefferson.
5. Pay the non-refundable airfare deposit ($400) by 4/13/17 at noon via check or credit card. Bring payment to the Office of International Programs. Once airfare is paid, you will be registered. 2.5% service fee will be charged for payments made with credit/debit card. After 4/13/17, students will be placed on a waiting list. Students with the highest number of credits earned will be given first priority.
6. Proof of passport is due 5/5/17. Either a colored copy of your passport that must be valid 6 months after your return (June 20, 2018) or a receipt from applying for your passport.
7. Airfare balance should be paid no later than 9/15/17.
8. Pay the non-refundable program fee deposit ($500) by 10/13/17 which will not be reflected on student’s account until January..
9. Remaining program fee will be billed to winter 2018 tuition bill.
Click here for application