Application & Requirements
2014-2015 Incoming Exchange Program Requirements
North Central College issues DS-2019s for exchange students.
Application Materials and Required Documents
All documents must be sent with original ink signatures.
Forms must be filled out completely and signed where necessary. Incomplete documents will be returned and will cause delays in DS-2019 processing.
1. Please print and fill out the following documents.
- Application for Admission of J-1 Exchange Student 2014-15
- Affidavit of Support for 2014-15
- KGU Kyoto & USIU Kenya
- All other institutions
- NOTE: Applicants need to show on official bank statements the amount given on the Affidavit of Support. The room and board charge per term for 2014-15 is included in this amount.. International students who pay room and board to North Central College have 30 days from the term start date to make this payment (mid-October). This does not apply to students from USIU and KGU, who pay at their home institution.
- The sponsor's name on the Affidavit of Support must match the account holder on the bank statement/ letter. The sponsor MAY be the student, but then the bank account must be in the student's name.
2. Please include in your packet all items listed below
- Copy of Passport I.D. page
- Official bank statement/ letter showing sufficient funding for entire stay. NO COPIES. Must be in English. Must be liquid funds accessible without penalty.
- 2 passport size photos - to be displayed
- Autobiographical Statement - 1 page handwritten
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Copy of TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, or SAT Exam Score (with the exception of citizens of Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand) OR an original letter from a member of the English department at the home university, attesting that the student has a proficiency level equivalent to TOEFL 520 and that he or she has the necessary reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills to be successful carrying a full-time course load at North Central College. (ITP) Institutional TOEFL accepted. Students with scores between 480 and 519 must attend North Central College's Summer Language Institute in August prior to fall term.
- Roommate Questionnaire - exchange students DO NOT pay housing deposit
Attending our Summer Language Institute starting on August 12? Find the application here! Include the application and deposit in your packet.
3. Please submit all of the above by mail by April 1st for fall admission and October 1st for Winter admission to:
North Central College
Office of International Programs
30 North Brainard Street
Naperville, Illinois 60540
If you have any questions, please contact Jesús Velasco at 1-630-637-5299 or by email or fax 1-630-637-5295. SKYPE jesus.e.velasco
4. Timely applicants will be notified by email by April 23rd for fall acceptances and November 1st for winter acceptances.
5. The following forms are due by May 1st for fall admission and November 1st for Winter admission:
(These forms may be faxed or emailed to email@example.com)
- Medical History and Immunizations (Measles, Mumps, Ruebella, Tetanus, and TB test are required of all students at North Central College enrolled for more than 3 credits.) PLEASE READ THIS FORM CAREFULLY! SOME IMMUNIZATION DATES MUST BE AFTER 1ST BIRTHDAY ACCORDING TO ILLINOIS STATE LAW. BCG vaccine not accepted!
- Complete the Course Selection Worksheet
- See course offerings online HERE! (Updated each April for the following school year.)
6. Pay the SEVIS fee
- Pay your SEVIS Fee (Pay no more than 30 days before your U.S. Consulate visa interview.)
PRINT AND SAVE RECEIPT.
7. Purchase health insurance before you arrive (must be purchased for the duration of your program).
- Purchase Required Health Insurance: HTH~ REQUIRED
- Purchase for all months you will be in the U.S.
- We do not accept proof of overseas health plans.
- Use the address: 30 North Brainard Street CM#276 Naperville, Illinois 60540
- Blanks asking for ID numbers on the application can be left blank.
- Print and bring your receipt and medical card with you to orientation
This page is for students participating in a short term exchange program. This is not information for students wishing to receive a degree from North Central. Not an exchange student? Click here.