At North Central, every faculty member is an academic advisor. Faculty advisors
- assist students in assessing their interests, needs, strengths, values and goals
- help students develop their decision-making skills
- answer questions students have about College resources and policies
- inform students about opportunities outside the classroom and guide them in pursuing those opportunities
- help students prepare for graduate school, professional school or a career
- serve as mentors to students
When students enroll at North Central, they are assigned a faculty advisor who will help them design an academic program that is right for them. Although the student's education is ultimately his/her responsibility, the faculty advisor is there to assist, challenge and support the student.