About the Music Department
The Department of Music offers:
- Programs of study in Music, Music Education (choral and instrumental) and Jazz Studies. You can complete all programs in four years.
- Chicago area location. Hop on the Metra train and be downtown in 40 minutes to catch a performance of the Lyric Opera, Chicago Symphony, jazz artists or musical theatre productions.
- Professional faculty. Work with faculty who are successful performers, accomplished conductors, leading scholars, composers, and experienced teachers.
- World class facilities and venues including Wentz Fine Arts Center and Concert Hall, Madden Theatre, Pfeiffer Auditorium, Koten Chapel and Meiley-Swallow Thrust Stage.
- Scholarships. Audition for performance scholarships in voice, instrumental music or jazz, and interview for music education scholarships if you are seeking teacher certification.
- Comprehensive program. Take a combination of core music classes, private lessons, ensembles and other classes suited to your area of specialization or interest.