Degrees offered: B.A. or B.S.
To earn a B.A. degree in marketing the requirements are:
- BUS 135 Introduction to International Business
- BUS 168 Marketing
- BUS 205 Introduction to Business Law
- BUS 241 Business and Economic Statistics
- BUS 372 Consumer Behavior
- BUS 378 Sales and Sales Management
- BUS 393 Market Research
- BUS 455 Promotional Strategies
- BUS 460 Management Information Systems
- BUS 470 Marketing Management
- ACC 201 Accounting Principles I / Financial
- ACC 202 Accounting Principles II / Managerial
- ECN 250 Microeconomic Principles
- ECN 252 Macroeconomic Principles
- and a minimum of one elective course from BUS 395, BUS 485, BUS 488 or 300/400 ECN.
To earn a B.S. degree in marketing, the following courses must be added:
- CSC 160 Computer Science I
- MTH 152 Calculus II
- One elective beyond MTH 152 or CSC 160
- One of: ACC 307, BUS 446, or ECN 445.
A marketing minor requires a minimum of 18.5 credit hours to include BUS 135, BUS 168, BUS 372, BUS 393, BUS 455 and one elective in the Division of Economics and Business.
Students can create their own course(s) to further study a specific interest in marketing. Working directly with faculty members, students have developed courses in such areas as arts marketing, relationship marketing, qualitative research, direct marketing, and retail merchandising. These courses can provide supplementary preparation for students with specific career objectives.