Extra-curricular and professional activities that will enrich your Japanese Education.
Opportunities abound to use your Japanese on our campus. You can
- strike up friendships with Japanese international students from Japan;
- request a conversation partner and a tutor;
- attend the weekly Japanese Conversation Table;
- go on field trips in the Chicago area with native speakers;
- sign up for Japan Club, which meets bi-weekly and schedules Japan-related activities such as film/anime showings and field trips;
- use our state-of-the-art Language Resource Center;
- be a part of our popular Anime Club on campus.
Study abroad: Meet new friends, experience Japanese culture and come back with much improved linguistic and cultural proficiency. You can
- be part of North Central in China/Japan, a fall-term program with North Central faculty and other students for seven weeks of immersion in each culture, one of the few collegiate programs to offer this distinctive experience. The program begins in Beijing and moves on to Kyoto. You’ll come back with greatly improved linguistic skills and cultural knowledge;
- participate in exchange opportunities, from one term to a full year, in Nagoya, Kyoto, Chiba, and Tokyo;
- join programs sponsored by other institutions.
Our students in Japan
North Central offers a 14-week fall program that immerses students in the cultures of both Japan and China.